The NE-455-AF was designed as a light interceptor to defend the heavier attack bombers and other attack craft, such as the Dragon and Archus. They have minimal shielding and armor, designed primarily to protect the hull from atmospheric friction, rather than defending against heavy weapons, although they still are adequate for defense against small arms and man portable missile launchers, as well as providing a decent defense against starfighter weapons. Designed for speed, the tiny craft is capable of slipping in and out of a battle zone with ease. With their advanced heat shields, they are also capable of reaching speeds approaching Mach 20 for limited durations, and maintaining a cruising speed of about mach 10. In space, these speeds can increase to upwards of .3-.5c. The Gravitic engines allow the craft to make pinpoint maneuvers while at speed. The small size of the craft, relative to the power of its power source means that they will generally be completely destroyed if shot down. Also, the small size of the craft means that they are incapable of supporting FTL drives, meaning they have to be launched from carrier ships.
- Length: 2.4 meters
- Width: 1.5 Meters
- Height: 1.5 meters
- Power: Krellium enhanced Microfusion reactor
- Engines: 2 Mini-Gravitic Drive engines
- Hull: Light Xentronium Armor, Re-enforced Hull
- Shields: Starfighter Grade Class X or light Aetheryn shields.
- Weapons (Starfighter Grade): 1 Mauler cannon, 2 wing mounted mini-krellium missile launchers (8 missiles each)
- Defenses: Stealth Coating, ECM Jammer (Chaff, Sensor Jamming)
- Crew: 1, pilot